Monday, September 15, 2014

Simplified Fall Mantel...2014


Chipping with Charm:  Simple Fall Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I am "turning over a new leaf" this Fall...

Chipping with Charm:  Simple Fall Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 I've been trying to "simplify" my look for years now.  I think I am finally ready.  No more random clutter here at "Chipping with Charm".  Do you think I can do it??
Chipping with Charm:  Simple Fall Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 It all starts with my Fall mantel.
Chipping with Charm:  Simple Fall Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
A few pitchers, pumpkins and planters.
Chipping with Charm:  Simple Fall Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Fall spelled out in a random way.
Chipping with Charm:  Simple Fall Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Of course a couple of chalkboards (made from old canvases and yardsticks) and some paper leaves.
Chipping with Charm:  Simple Fall Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
This perfectly chippy plant stand was a gift from my sweet Aunt Alice.  Do you love it?  I do :)
Chipping with Charm:  Simple Fall Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/ 
 
We are almost done with our kitchen remodel.  Just a couple more junky light fixtures and a few "trim" details and I will be ready to invite you all over for a peek.  I can't wait to show you what we've been up to ALL Summer loooong!!
Thanks for stopping by...

Chat soon, 
 

17 comments:

  1. You already have some mini pumpkins...nice! Your mantle is fun as well as the candle holder.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your Fall mantel and fireplace...so pretty!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete




















  3. so beauty:) these are fabulous Creamers, I collect them so the most I like them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurel,
    Love your simple mantel. It looks so great. I love that candle holder with the mason jars and pumpkins too cute.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to simplify but will never get as minimal as you...still love what you have done! It looks wonderful and I love the stacked pottery...cool look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your well on your way to a simplified look. You do a very good job at it too by the way. Your mantel looks festive and fun, very "you", but not over the top, smack you in the face- - screaming "it's autumn baby!", No it's more of a gentle nudge into the season. I for one love the approach and hope to create something similar in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurel love your mantle and the use of the mason jars The sign you made is great too!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. laurel love what you did with aunt alice's plant stand.....and love the way you displayed your mini's xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. omigosh! so cute!!! Love that window and the yardstick frames... now I want to go find yardsticks & copy you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can do it! And then I'll have to follow suit. =) I love, love, love that candle holder with the Mason jars on it. And your fall sign is so sweet!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your simplified look!! Its so beautiful, fresh and clean looking! :) You always decorate so fun though! ;) Those ball jars by the window are pretty with the sunlight coming threw them! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the plant stand with the blue jars and pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES! I adore it! Truly speaks fall in the best, cleanest junkiest way possible! Love the old window and pumpkin/mason stand!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurel how very cool that the mason jars fit perfect in the old metal chippy plant stand from Aunt Alice!! It was meant to be and it rocks!! Love all of it and the yard sticks with the canvas up cycled is the bomb!! XOXO Love Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finally taking some time to catch up on my reading. I love this Fall nook. So very creative. I love the chalkboards made from yard sticks. What a great idea. Did you do this! I will have to try this. The 3 paned window is sooo chippy fabulous! The ladder is always great, but the blue is too cute! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never would have thought to set the bed piece in front of the fireplace but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your simplified fall decor is beautiful, Laurel. I used to like everything heavily embellished and decorated but lately I enjoy a cleaner and more simple look (my studio might be an exception, lol). I love the turquoise touches you've added and I adore the yardstick chalkboard with the paper leaves.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)