Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Vintage Doll House, Repurposed Shelf...and empty clock photo holders...


Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Dollhouse Shelf...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 You may have seen a little peek at this a couple of weeks ago on Facebook and Instagram...

Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Dollhouse Shelf...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I've had this vintage doll house on a shelf in my basement for years.
 I finally brought it up and out of that sad place.

Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Dollhouse Shelf...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 I think it makes a fun little shelf in my Great Room.

Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Dollhouse Shelf...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
The windows were missing...so I just used some scrapbook paper to cover them up.

Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Dollhouse Shelf...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
  Filled with some vintage clocks and signs...it has a new lease on life :)

Chipping with Charm: Empty Clock Photo Holder...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 Side note...
I bought a couple of these empty clocks at an occasional sale a while back.  A little embellishment and a button magnet makes it a great place for a special family photo.

Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Dollhouse Shelf...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
It has a new home on top of this little Ikea cabinet.  I bought it to stash some of my creative supplies in the dining room portion of my Great Room...aka "studio".

Chat soon,

21 comments:

  1. I had a metal house like this when I was a little girl. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are so clever to use those signs and the clocks are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love love this!!! Such an adorable idea!! Those cute signs and clocks look perfect inside and around it!! Enjoy the rest of the week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love the idea of using the old clocks as picture frames. Genius!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas!
    judypimperl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat way to use a vintage doll house. I have my SIL's house in storage...maybe I should find it and do the same with it.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So charming...and I love the graphic accessories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurel- That makes a PERFECT backdrop for your pieces. Love the signage AND the old dollhouse. It all works together perfectly- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it...what a great idea to use the dollhouse as a shelf.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this Laurel! I've got one of these in my booth and never once thought of putting anything in it. You nailed it with this focal point in your home. Never knew what to do with these when I picked them up. Now I do! Thx Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That doll house brings back memories of my childhood
    also like the old clock with the family photo in it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this doll house! The colors are wonderful. I spent an hour on Etsy...looking at old dollhouses. None were prettier than your house!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the photo holder/clocks! Brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had one of those little metal doll houses. I love the idea of using it as a shelf. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg, this is genious....the entire set up is gorgeous!!!! PINNED

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this! What a cool and creative way to use the doll house.
    Now I've got to find me a doll house!!!!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea, Laurel! This is such an adorable shelf! Love your clock idea too.
    Have a happy weekend!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an absolutely darling idea, Laurel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this! I have the same doll house in storage and need to pull it out and use it now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)