Monday, September 16, 2013

Great Day for a Garden Party...Birthday



We held on to summer here for 1 more weekend.


My littlest charmer has a late August birthday and she wanted a "Garden Party".  Since the end of summer fills up with last minute getaways and end of summer projects we decided to wait until after school started.


The girls had fun decorating party hats...



I found a couple of tutorials on Pinterest...check them out HERE and HERE.  And of course "tweaked" them a bit to fit our style/party theme.


They ate "buggy" food...





...off of "flower-like" place settings.


Even the utensils came in a little bouquets :)


And of course a little "dirt" pudding for dessert.


Not much "junk" at this party...but I did use layers of vintage tablecloths.  Also, blue jars and rubber boots for vases.



Even a few butterflies flying in the chandelier.


And of course the "parting gifts"...in buckets.


 I think a good time was had by all :)

Sorry, I didn't feel I should post pictures of their lovely little faces...so you get the "buggy" faces...also quite cute :)
 
 
Sharing this at...
OK, now on to FALL...my FAVORITE!

PS...Thanks so very much for your sweet thoughts and prayers for my dad.  He is STILL in the hospital and we continue to  pray for comfort and healing as well as strength and patience for my mom.

Thanks for your patience with me here.  I know my posts lately have been random and few.  I hope to be back to creating soon!!

Blessings, 

6 comments:

  1. Laurel,
    I LOVE your vintage spirit! This party theme and how you carried it are both just so creative! Love their hats, and the snacks, oh my goodness!! And good for them!
    I hope your dad is gaining strength and his health improving too.
    Have a great week.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and fun party!! Love the table scape! :) Happy new week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hats are just precious! I'd like to have a Garden Party too! Thanks for sharing.
    Prayers going up for your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurel,
    How adorable is this party. I love every thing you did. Too cute. Oh my about your dad. My prayers are with you. Hope he does better soon.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute party. Those little hats are cracking me up! And about not posting as often as you'd wish - you have so much eye candy to look at in all your past posts, that I'm satisfied just coming here to lurk around :) Hope your Dad is feeling better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! The cutest ever!!

    Praying for your family!

    XO
    Glad & Celia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)