Thursday, March 22, 2012

Family Tree Tray...Photo Holder...



I have been making these metal tray memo/photo holders for a couple of years now.  They make great gifts!


So when I saw this one with a branch or tree imprint...I thought "How fun for a family tree" :)


This one even had little "feet" on the back...which made it really easy to add ribbon for hanging.


An assortment of magnets made from buttons, rusty washers and vintage earrings complete the look.


I sold an assortment of these tray memo boards at the Junk Market Under Glass event earlier this month.


This "mini" version was popular too :)


I made some of the magnets with the little "Bitty" Book Page Flowers...for fun.

And speaking of book page flowers...



This is the version I made for the March show.


I mixed up the flowers a little bit...and put them in these vintage glass knobs.  I think I even like these better.  Hmmm...wish I'd saved one for myself.  Guess I'll have to make some more :)

Thanks for stopping...enjoy your day!!!

Sharing at...

Thanks for stopping,

18 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of displaying family pics in a different way. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! I love how they turned out!
    Have a wonderful day!!
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chippy door knobs with flowers!!

    thanks for visiting my place.

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a great idea for a family tree! what a find that tray was, with that imprint. and those shoes a post below-super interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea!

    XXX,

    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I come to your blog I fall in love all over again. I absolutely cannot get enough of your creative ideas. They always turn out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog and that fabulous idea with the family tree tray. I take care of my husband's family tree, so this holds a special interest for me.
    Have a great week! I'm your newest follower.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that you mention it, it is perfect for a family tree. Your little magnets are just the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the magnetic tray idea. Those trays are really easy to find at our Goodwill stores around here.

    Also love the doorknob photo holders. Very fun and creative.

    Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all, but really love this little button paper flowers!

    Thanks for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday, Laurel!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to use a silver tray as a magnet board. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this - I just passed by a silver meat platter similar to this - don't know why (think the price was too high) at the thrift shop! I love old tarnished silver - just turned a few pieces into chalkboards. The family tree is too cute - back to the thrift shop!
    Was already following but now a new Linky follower too.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a tray exactly like that one! I never thought of using it that way. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! I love the vintage photos with the aged trays, it has such character.

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea, I love the tray used as magnet board with such great vintage photos. Thanks for sharing this too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)