Friday, June 10, 2011

Room by Room...Our Front Entry...

Hello out there...
Since I haven't had much project time lately, I thought maybe I'd invite you in for a little peek at my home.  I don't know about you but I love home tours and I've had so much fun surfing around through some of the tours in Blogland lately.  And so I thought maybe I'd give you the "50 Cent Tour", as my dad calls it...one room at a time...


I figured the front entry was the logical place to start...welcome :)

(You might remember my chippy little light fixture or my junky Spring wreath from previous posts.)


A while back we converted our entry closet into a pantry.  We have a small kitchen with minimal storage and this was a closet that basically stored unworn coats...so the coats went to the Goodwill and up went the shelves...sorry no pictures of the pantry...it's pretty full and "less than" organized right now. 
This cute little chippy hook works slick for jackets when company comes...


...but usually it just holds my reusable bags in plain sight to I won't forget them on the way out to the grocery store.  (And sometimes it even works...haha)


This is little room is also referred to as the "sitting area"...my hubby and I spend many Saturday mornings here sipping on our coffee and chatting about whatever.  We just added those propped up glass doors to either side of the windows...and I love it.  Just gives the space a little more character, don't you think?  Too bad we stored them in the garage for 3 years before finally painting them up huh?


The end tables hold special little collected things...this is a photo of my maternal grandparents...


...and these are my paternal grandparents.  These are the little details that make me "happy" :)


This is a simple little table I made by adding legs to an old metal grate.  Easy...


Just a few more treasures.


I LOVE to layer...can you tell??? ;)



You might remember a few of these goodies from past posts too...like the hinge frames and table leg sconces.


This opening here used to be a window before we added on a lower level garage and "Great Room" back in 2001. We included these built in shelves for a little "interest".  
That will lead us into the living room...and we'll save that room for another day.  Hmmm...maybe if I plan this right I can spread out this little "tour" for the rest of the summer??? ;)
Thanks for stopping by!

Also sharing over at...

Chat soon, 

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful home!! Looking forward to seeing more! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "visiting" homes of bloggers! SO many ideas to "borrow".
    Thanks for showing yours...
    Happy Weekend!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you have a Great Room and we're not getting to see it yet? ...baby where I come from (i'm talking decade,here) we call that the Nickle tour! ... or I guess it could be the inflation.

    I'll be watching all summer for more of the tour!
    I love your style and the way you re-purpose items. So unique.

    -c/ya, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel your home is beautiful! I love the windows on the side of your windows. I also love the shoe stretchers, I have the same ones, I put monograms on them and hung them up as hooks... the post is coming up...
    Nice place my friend!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you've created a wonderfully personal haven for yourself and your family, Laurel. That's part of what makes junkin' so much fun! ;)

    I would love to have you link this - and future posts - to my linky party. The party is up and ready to receive your entry.

    By the way, I just joined you as a follower.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house reflects your style so well. And I am totally in love with your great grate table. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tour, I'd forgotten about your leg sconces, love them.
    LezLee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh--just love your style--everything looks so in place and vintage appeal too! I looked at those photos several times--love your space!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Laurel! What a teaser you are...I want to see it ALL now. I love your style. I've got lots of plant frogs that are soon going to be in cloches with old photos inside. I really like that! Hope you and your kiddos are having a fun summer together! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurel,
    This is all so very pretty. I love the built in shelves as you go through the door. Very nice. Thanks for linking it up at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see more. I also love to see what other people are doing to their homes. I can usually pick up some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tour, and you said alot when you mentioned about the details making us happy. so glad you linked up with VIF. xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. GASP!!!! Your home is drop dead gorgeous!! I love every detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurel - your home is so inviting! I love the windows that you added to your sitting area too!!

    Thanks for inviting us!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What does the sign above that wall say? I can make out a bit but not the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh! I love it!!!!! And really great idea with the metal grate turned table!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, that little table you made is perfect! How very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are by far more creative then you give yourself credit for. The grate table - great. Oh forgot to mention the cute bed spring hanging on the wall in the kitchen, very cute.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute. I have a suggestion about the reusable grocery bags. As soon as I empty my groceries I take my bags and put them in the back of my van so they are there when I go shopping the next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)