Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Charming" Centerpieces...


I had the honor of coming up with centerpieces for a recent women's event at church and here's what we did...

Do you recognize those rustic flower boxes (upside down) for my pictures for the shop last month?  I bought a few, and I'm so glad I did!


My friend and "room-mate" at Drawers Of Davlee made these cool fall signs.  She whipped them up for me at a moments notice...thanks Joan!  I'm not sure what the wood was originally from but we found a bunch at an occasional sale a while back.  I'm pretty sure they'll be for sale at D of D next month, if the ladies at church don't put "dibs" on all of them first :)



So there they are, all lined up and ready for the ladies.  I've done quite a few centerpieces at church over the last year.  I can't carry a tune and don't expect to be preaching or teaching anytime soon...so I guess maybe I'll start a "Centerpiece Ministry".  That I can do ;)
Use what you've got to bring Him glory, right?!?
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Those turned out great, Laurel! I'm sure they really appreciate your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I agree, helping out any way you can is what it's all about. Have a great Sunday!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely and my sisters and I do the same at church and work...It is a talent, Laurel, but because it comes easy and is so fun, sometimes we don't realize it. It isn't as obvious as singing, and we tend to think anyone can do it, but not really. Love the signs. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. head over to my blog...I joined a fun party! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job on the centerpieces! Love old wood..especially those signs!
    Found you through Prior @ Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday Link Party! ...Now a follower!
    Have a great weekend
    Tammy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the crinkled brown paper. Sets everything off so well. We all have different talents and all are needed and appreciated. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Centerpiece Ministry~ I like the sound of that!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your church is fortunate to have a talented junker like you to help create such great centerpieces.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)